List of educational opportunities for anyone who is interested in learning more about volunteering and volunteer training in BC.
- This event has passed.
Volunteer Victoria: Public Speaking Skills
May 31 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
About this event
This workshop is full of easy, practical, FUN exercises designed to boost your public speaking skills for both in-person presentations, as well as virtual presentations.
This workshop will help you tell the story of your agency and the people you serve.
More confidence guaranteed!
– Value of eye contact, body language, vocal quality
– Nerve management techniques that work – and why being nervous is actually a good thing
– How to prepare for public speaking
– Skills and techniques to help re-focus when things go wrong
All participants leave with:
– knowledge and experience with the essential skills of public speaking.
– ideas to manage nervousness.
– information on how to thoroughly prepare for any front-of-audience experience.
** Workshops can be cancelled due to a lack of sufficient registration so if this one interests you, please do register by May 24th. Thank you.