List of educational opportunities for anyone who is interested in learning more about volunteering and volunteer training in BC.
Volunteer Victoria: Effective Communication For Conflict Management In The Workplace
June 23 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
About this event
Learn how to identify others’ communication styles and discover how it impacts you in return. We’ll then take this valuable information and learn how to make changes that will improve the way you communicate and manage conflict.
The skills taught in this remote ZOOM workshop are transferable across many situations and scenarios you’ll encounter in both your work and personal life.
Learning Outcomes for Participants
– Identify common communication mistakes and learn how to avoid them
– Understand your strengths in communication and how to maximize them
– Gain skills that lead to collaborative conversations
– Deliver effective feedback even in stressful situations
– Learn de-escalation techniques and how to manage anger
– Understand the role power plays in effective communication
Value to Your Organization
Improved communication skills in your staff group lead to:
– Improved interactions with clients
– More productivity
– Increased collaboration
– Enhanced creativity
– Improved morale and work satisfaction
Have an upcoming training opportunity? Submit Your Training Opportunity