List of educational opportunities for anyone who is interested in learning more about volunteering and volunteer training in BC.
- This event has passed.
Strategic Financial Management – A workshop for Senior Managers/Executive Directors
September 13 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Strategic financial management is critical to non-profit success and sustainability, and good management practice. If you want a safe and supportive environment to unpack your organization’s financial management tools, identify and strengthen your profit centres, and explore new ideas that help you grow as a financial manager, then this workshop is for you.
This one-day workshop for Executive Directors & senior nonprofit managers offers an opportunity to explore key strategic financial management concepts, as well as providing practical methods and communication tools to help you fulfill your role within your non profit organization.
Using a combination of case studies and real-world financial data, the session is hands-on and discussion-oriented. You don’t need accounting skills to participate.
You will leave the workshop able to:
- Apply the concept of program profitability in your organization
- Present and discuss financial information to boards and funders with greater ease.
- Explain the key elements of your organization’s business model, and where refinement can help achieve strategic goals
- identify and apply the five critical data metrics for strong financial leadership
This session is specifically for senior managers/ executive directors of non-profit organizations and registered charities. Please note that this session is not for financial staff or volunteer leaders.
- Familiarity with budgeting, typical financial statements, and fiduciary responsibilities of nonprofit governance
Have an upcoming training opportunity? Submit Your Training Opportunity