List of educational opportunities for anyone who is interested in learning more about volunteering and volunteer training in BC.
- This event has passed.
Self Care for Those Who Care: Beyond the Bubble Bath
July 9 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Victoria is a city that cares. Providing services to some of the most vulnerable folks in our city is a major responsibility asked of employees in many non-profit organizations. Although it is extremely rewarding, it can also be exhausting, from the day-to-day wear and tear to an unexpected crisis.
Our carers place so much time and energy on the individuals they work with and can often have difficulty providing the same level of effort to their own wellness. Why? Self-care is often discussed as something that is important but without the specifics of what it actually looks like. Also, it’s often labelled as an individual’s responsibility, but the ability to care for ourselves is contingent on the safety we feel at work and home. Leadership teams who have a strong vision of wellness for those they serve can make self-care a conscious priority in their workplace for healthier, happier employees who want to come to work everyday.
This workshop is designed for:
- Anyone who cares for other people (eg. as a volunteer, in a paid capacity, or for family/chosen family members)
- -Management/leadership of organizations who want a successful workplace for their employees and the clients they serve
In this compact workshop, participants will:
- Learn about the importance of self-care from both the individual and organizational standpoints
- Have an opportunity to communicate their experience and need for self-care with other folks with similar experiences.
- Develop awareness about the many forms self-care can come in (beyond the bubble bath)
- Have access to tools to better understand what self-care looks like for them and their organizations, and
- Walk away with a template for individualized self-care planning that each person feels will be helpful in times of exhaustion/crisis/overwhelm
Have an upcoming training opportunity? Submit Your Training Opportunity