List of educational opportunities for anyone who is interested in learning more about volunteering and volunteer training in BC.
- This event has passed.
Engaged Skilled Volunteers
January 17 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Connect with the abundance of talent in your community
Explore practices that support the successful engagement of ‘Knowledge Philanthropists’, or skilled volunteers, and learn how to proactively plan for, attract, and engage them in your work. From project managers to human resources experts, from business analysts to information technology specialists, community members are eager to contribute their skills to your cause.
In this half-day workshop, you will gain concrete tools and templates to successfully plan for, recruit, and manage Knowledge Philanthropists. By thinking “‘who?” before “how much?”, you can:
- Embrace an abundant mindset and achieve more with less
- Give talented people the opportunity to use their skills to support a cause they believe in
- Strengthen your connection to your community
Date: January 17, 2020 | Time: 1:00pm – 4:00pm
Price: $95 – $115 | Location: 1183 Melville Street, Vancouver, BC
This workshop is ideal for all not-for-profit leaders
Come away from this workshop with the ability to:
- Describe the benefits of engaging skilled volunteers
- Differentiate between ‘knowledge philanthropy’, board roles, and traditional volunteer roles
- Identify the issues that can support or hinder the work of skilled volunteers
- Apply tools to manage skilled volunteers
Have an upcoming training opportunity? Submit Your Training Opportunity