List of educational opportunities for anyone who is interested in learning more about volunteering and volunteer training in BC.
- This event has passed.
BOOM! Engaging Boomer Volunteers In Your Organization
February 27 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
The Baby Boom generation was born between 1946 and 1964. Today this demographic ranges in age from 55 to 73. There are currently over 40,000 Boomer residents in Greater Victoria – prime volunteering age! Their motivations however are very different from younger volunteers. Boomers value independence and often want to take ownership of a project. They can also have multiple pressures on their free time, taking care of elderly parents or grandchildren. Learn other characteristics unique to Boomers and the special steps you can take to recruit, retain and honour this growing demographic in your organization.
In this workshop you will learn:
• How Boomers differ from other volunteers
• How your organization measures up in terms of recruitment, training, retention and recognition of older adult volunteers
• How you can retain these volunteers longer than non-Boomers by setting up “a la carte” assignments
• Where to find Boomer volunteers
• How you may be able to turn them into spokespeople for your organization
Have an upcoming training opportunity? Submit Your Training Opportunity