List of educational opportunities for anyone who is interested in learning more about volunteering and volunteer training in BC.
Board Policy Boot Camp
March 5 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Access a Vantage Point not-for-profit board expert as you work to revise, update, and create your organization’s board policies!
Over one full day, a Vantage Point expert will spend the day with you and provide a brief overview of different board policy documents and practices applicable to BC not-for-profits. You will be provided with:
- a digital care package
- a comprehensive package of board policy templates
- supporting documents
After the brief overview, it’s time to get to work our experts circulating to provide one-on-one guidance, and share key questions and insights with the group. We’ll have prizes and activities throughout the day to keep the energy up!
We ask that you bring a lap top and electronic copies of your organization’s current board policies.
The templates included in the digital care package
- Board Policy Manual including: Board Orientation Manual; Board Code of Conduct and/or Code of Ethics, Conflict of Interest, and Board Member Expectations; Board Role Descriptions; Board Evaluation Guidelines
- Board meeting agendas, guides, and practices
- Committee Terms of Reference and Role Descriptions
- Board Calendar and Annotated Agenda
- Executive Director Role Description
- Finance Policies
Lunch included in registration fee.
Note: This Bootcamp is not intended to examine, review, or update your Society’s Constitution, Bylaws, or Human Resource Policies.
The price for this full day session, with access to an expert and digital care package, is $249. Alternatively, send 2 members from your organization for $349.
Have an upcoming training opportunity? Submit Your Training Opportunity