List of educational opportunities for anyone who is interested in learning more about volunteering and volunteer training in BC.
- This event has passed.
Board Fundamentals: Fund Development
January 15 @ 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Learn best practices and concrete ideas to support your organization’s fundraising efforts.
Boards have a critical role to play in fund development, yet many board members don’t feel they have the experience or confidence to be effective in promoting their organization.
This workshop is targeted to board members who want to learn how to develop a culture of fund development within their organization.
Date & Time: January 15, 2020 l 5:30pm – 8:30pm
Location: 1183 Melville Street, Downtown Vancouver
Cost: Members – $95.00; Non-member – $115.00
By the end of this session you will:
- Understand the current limitations and opportunities in fund development and be able to assess which fundraising approaches would work best for your organization
- Be able to bring more prospective donors to your organization
- Increase your confidence in talking to prospective donors about funding opportunities
- Have concrete tools for increasing donor retention
The workshop will cover the following topics in an interactive, discussion-filled format:
- Fundraising success factors
- Types of Fundraising
- Strategic relationship building
- Making the ask
- Donor retention through stewardship
Have an upcoming training opportunity? Submit Your Training Opportunity