List of educational opportunities for anyone who is interested in learning more about volunteering and volunteer training in BC.
100% Board Giving: An Effective Tool For Fundraising Success
October 1 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am$25 – $30
About this Event
What is your organization’s policy on personal financial contributions from Board members? Do all Board members contribute a set amount each year? Are they automatically enrolled in your monthly giving program when they join the Board? Are some Board members contributing financially, while others feel reluctant to do so? Is the whole question of Board giving an awkward conversation in your organization?
100% Board Giving policies provide organizations with a philosophy and practical tools to allow every Board member to make a personal financial gift at a level that is both meaningful and affordable to them, whether that is $1 a year, or 1 million. They are also a very powerful way to seed your fundraising efforts and inspire new donors.
If you don’t yet have a policy around Board giving for your organization, or you want a tool to kickstart new fundraising campaigns, looking at 100% Board Giving can be a great place to start.
Learning outcomes for this remote workshop include:
• Understand the benefits of 100% Board Giving policies and how they work.
• Evaluate if a 100% Board Giving policy is a good option for your organization (now or in the future)
• Common issues and pitfalls to avoid so you can have an effective conversation about Board giving in a way that feels inclusive, safe and comfortable for all Board members.
• Tools and templates that will help you implement a 100% Board Giving policy and advance the conversation about Board giving in your organization.
• Tips for sharing your approach to Board giving with your funders, donors and stakeholders.
ABOUT YOUR TRAINER:
Erica Mattson has 20 years of experience helping non-profits and public sector organizations deliver successful programs and create transformative change for the citizens, communities, clients and stakeholders they serve. She’s worked as a non-profit executive director, as well as in senior communications, marketing and fundraising roles in the public sector and non-profit sector. She now works as a consultant and contractor specializing in research, planning, strategic communications, stakeholder engagement and fundraising.
Have an upcoming training opportunity? Submit Your Training Opportunity