Resources for Volunteering, Managing Volunteers or Enhancing Your Community Engagement Programs
Our Resource Centre provides access to some of the most common questions for volunteers and organizations in BC’s voluntary sector.
Volunteer BC Resources
- Volunteer BC Interactive Brochure
- Annual Reports: 2022, 2021, 2020,
- Community Connections Handbook Series (2021)
Part 1: Volunteer Engagement Manual: I Want to Volunteer
Part 2: How to Start a Volunteer Program
Part 3: How to Set Up a Volunteer Centre
- BC Criminal Record Checks
- What is a Volunteer Centre Handout?
Restart After Covid-19
- Resources To Help You Restart After Covid-19
- Volunteers: How to Help During Covid-19
- Engaging Volunteers Safely Now & Post Covid-19 Handout
- Volunteer Management with a Pandemic Lens Handout
- BC Ministry of Health’s COVID-19 Guidance for Community Volunteers
- Volunteer Canada’s COVID-19 and Volunteering Resources
- Imagine Canada Covid-19 Experience for Charities
Stats & Profiles on Volunteers
- Imagine Canada BC Non-Profit Sector Data
- Data on Giving, Volunteering, and Participating in BC
- Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector in BC
- Non-Profit New Directions Report
Risk Management for Organizations
Other Useful Resources
Looking to volunteer?
Want to post a volunteer position?