The Awesome Ask: How to Approach Your Donors for Gifts in a Way That’s Comfortable and Effective!
Asking for charitable gifts one-to-one is the most effective fundraising you can do. Research of non-profits shows that 75% of all in-person asks of individuals result in a gift. Those are incredible odds. So, how to get new donors? While we can’t ask in person much today, we can ask by phone, email and video chat, and almost all the best practices still apply.
Yet asking people individually is also the most challenging fundraising you will do, and you need the understanding and tools to do it comfortably and effectively.
Brian Saber, one of the foremost experts in the field, will show you how to use your personal Asking Style every step of the way to from identifying the best prospects for you to soliciting them for quality gifts.
The Asking Styles, developed by Brian Saber’s company, Asking Matters, are a revolutionary way for everyone – staff and volunteers alike – to learn how nonprofit professionals can fundraise in a way that suits their personality and takes into account their strengths and challenges.
During This Nonprofit Webinar on Asking for Donations and How to Connect with Donors, You Will Learn:
– Identify your Asking Style and use it to your advantage
– Identify the prospects you are most suited to solicit
– Develop your personal case for support
– Get prepared to ask
– Set up your meetings effectively
– Understand your role as an asker
– Employ a simple conversation structure that will make your asks work
– Follow up after the ask
* Note: This training comes with a 5-page worksheet to complete during the webinar. This webinar worksheet and the bonus materials below will be in your CharityHowTo library two hours before the webinar starts.
You’ll Get These BONUS Materials:
1. Anxiety/Excitement Worksheet
2. Making the Case: A 15-Minute Exercise
3. Step-by-Step Asking Plan Worksheet
4. Brian’s Top Ten Ways to Get Started Asking
5. An Intentional Conversation Outline
6. Responding to Resistance to Meeting
7. Sample letters and phone scripts to use during this time of crisis
** Extra BONUS: Each participant will receive Asking Matters’ eBook – “Top Ten Tips on How to Ask for Donations” – as a bonus for attending this webinar.
About Your Topic Expert:
President of Asking Matters, has raised hundreds of millions of dollars over 30 years by personally soliciting thousands of donors, coming to understand the art of the ask in a way that few people do. Because of his remarkable experience in asking, Brian has been able to break down the process of asking to its fundamental components, making simple what for many seems daunting. He knows how to persist through his own anxieties, remembering again and again that his success as a fundraiser makes a corner of the world a better place.
Brian has worked in social service, education, and the arts, raising money for his alma mater, Brandeis University, Northwestern University Settlement, and The Children’s Brain Tumor Foundation, among others. He is currently a consultant to various organizations around the country and presents, trains, and writes on fundraising and the art of the ask. Recent clients include the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, the U.S. Olympics Committee, the St. Louis Planned Giving Council, Volunteers of America, the Utah Society of Fund Raisers, and the Salvation Army National Resource Development Conference.