SUPPORT 2 PRACTICE SUPERVISION TRAINING
Supporting Practice, Improving Service Delivery
Many organizations that deliver direct support services to clients provide supervisors or managers with the dual responsibility of supporting effective practice while also providing administrative oversight. This cohort-based workshop series will teach supervisors and managers how to understand the spectrum of supervisory responsibilities and help them develop the specific supervisory skills that enhance direct services—ensuring your organizations are supporting your staff and meeting the unique needs, preferences, and circumstances of your clients and communities.
Two cohorts were offered in Spring 2021 and five more cohorts were offered between September 2021 and April 2022. Seven additional cohorts will be offered between April 2022 and March 2023. Each cohort will be limited to 20 participants and everyone who completed all training sessions will receive a certificate of completion. The Federation encourages only 1-2 participants from each organization to attend this training to allow a diverse range of perspectives and service areas in each cohort.
Who Should Attend
This training is best suited for individuals who are in the position of supervising front-line practitioners in the social services sector. This may include therapeutic care homes, community outreach, and centre-based support services.
Workshop Descriptions & Delivery
Each cohort of participants will follow the same two-part training structure. (See workshop descriptions below.)
- One 6-hour (1-day) virtual PRINCIPLED ENGAGEMENT workshop.
- Four 3-hour (9:00 AM – 12:00 PM) virtual synchronous SUPPORT 2 PRACTICE supervision workshops; the first three will take place over consecutive weeks and the fourth and final class will be scheduled approximately one month after the third session.
Please Note: Attendance in all four Support 2 Practice classes is mandatory for certificate completion.
Dates & Times: In-Person Cohort (Vancouver)
- June 1, 2022: Principled Engagement Workshop (8:45 AM – 4:00 PM PST)
Online – Zoom
- June 7, 2022: Support 2 Practice Supervision Workshop (8:45 AM – 4:30 PM PST)
In-person at UBC Robson Square
- Sept 13, 2022: Support 2 Practice Follow-Up (2:00 PM – 5:00 PM PST)
Online – Zoom
The following registration fees provide access to all workshops.
Fed Members: $69.95
General Public: $119.95
Community Action Initiative (CAI) Grantees: N/C (prepaid)
Federation Members & General Public
Community Action Initiative (CAI) Grantees
*Deadline to register is May 27th, 2022.