Psychological Health and Safety Supporter Training
This 3-hour online interactive training program focuses on giving you the foundational knowledge required to begin addressing psychological health and safety (PHS) in your workplace. Using the National Standard for Psychological Health and Safety as a guide, participants will learn about the history and development of PHS in Canada, gain understanding of core concepts like psychological health, safety, and risk, as well as receive an expert overview of the core components of the Standard. Using a case study approach, participants will be able to apply their knowledge in order to practice articulating the benefits of addressing PHS and determining initial actions to begin improving PHS in the workplace.
– Learn and understand definitions of psychological health, safety and risk.
– Understand the parallels between OHS and PHS, including legislative and regulatory overlap.
– Define core elements of the National Standard of Canada for Psychological Health and Safety in the Workplace.
– Identify reasons to address psychological health and safety, including a review of current evidence.
– Practice identifying opportunities for action to address psychological health and safety
Course registration per person is $300 + GST. Registration deadline: November 23, 2022.