To submit your training opportunities, click HERE.
- This event has passed.
Volunteer Managers’ Day Conference
November 7 @ 9:00 am - 3:30 pm
To celebrate International Volunteer Managers’ Day, we have designed a conference that will explore some of the critical elements of volunteer management. From recruiting and retaining volunteers, to handling those more difficult times when volunteers need supervision, support, discipline or even dismissal, we have it covered.
During this conference you will learn:
- How Volunteer CR supports its members to recruit volunteers
- How to use Mission Focused Strategies to retain volunteers
- How to develop useful policies and practices to prevent difficult situations with volunteers
- How to effectively supervise, discipline and even dismiss a volunteer when necessary
- A brief overview of the trends in volunteerism in Campbell River and across Canada
Cost is $35.00 for members of VCR and $45.00 for non-members. For payment by cash or cheque or credit card please pay by November 1st, 2018. Cheques payable to Volunteer Campbell River, 900 Alder Street, Campbell River BC, V9W 2P6 or drop in Monday – Thursday from 10 am – 4 pm, entrance is beside the mural on south of building. Seats are limited and confirmed with payment or bursary. No refund available.
Limited bursaries available by application.