To submit your training opportunities, click HERE.
Conversations & Conflict
February 21 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Learn to reduce and manage conflict in your workplace, your neighbourhood and your home. Understand how your personal perceptual filter controls your understanding of potential conflict situations and how you can use curiosity to gain and build understanding and trust with others.
Through a combination of mini-lectures, group dialogue, and role-play practice, you will come to understand the infrastructure of conflict and the 5 key principles that support effective, collaborative conversations to minimize conflict and maximize mutual cooperation.
You will learn how to:
• Harness self-awareness to gain insight into your perception of conflict
• Choose a conflict style appropriate to the situation
• Improve your listening and assertiveness skills
• Practice trauma awareness and emotional regulation
• Start and hold a difficult conversation in a collaborative way