As part of Volunteer BC’s continuing efforts to provide all members with tools and resources, we are pleased to announce a new partnership with OASSIS – the provider of choice for employee benefits for not-for-profit organizations in Canada. For more details.
National Volunteer Week (NVW) is a time to celebrate and thank Canada’s 12.7 million volunteers.
This year’s theme is: “The Volunteer Factor – Lifting Communities.”
The image of the hot air balloons of different sizes, shapes and colours reflects the diversity of community volunteers. It illustrates that when people volunteer together, the sky is the limit, in terms of what they can achieve. More details.
On the Road Again – Volunteer BC Training Roadshow
We are on the road again offering training in communities across BC.
November 1 & 2 – Volunteer BC & Volunteer Terrace will be hosting a 2 day training session. More details here.
Join us for:
- Financial Literacy for Nonprofits
- Community Gaming Grant Workshop
- Pitch to Win – “Elevator Pitches”
- Strategic Planning for Nonprofits
Volunteer Managers’ Day Conference!
During this conference you will learn:
- How Volunteer CR supports its members to recruit volunteers
- How to use Mission Focused Strategies to retain volunteers
- How to develop useful policies and practices to prevent difficult situations with volunteers
- How to effectively supervise, discipline and even dismiss a volunteer when necessary
- A brief overview of the trends in volunteerism in Campbell River and across Canada
So you want to volunteer this summer? CharityVillage and Volunteer BC provide you with the tools you need to find the perfect summer volunteer role – and succeed once you are hired.
Missed the webinar? Watch the recorded video to get all the tips and tricks to volunteering.