To submit your training opportunities, click HERE.
- This event has passed.
Top Charity Compliance Issues For Canadian Registered Charities and Recent Developments
April 19 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Are you a board member, senior executive or executive director of a Canadian registered charity? Feeling confused about Canada Revenue Agency regulations? Wondering what are some new developments with registered charities? If so, you won’t want to miss this free webinar!
Topic: Top Charity Compliance Issues For Canadian Registered Charities and Recent Developments
Date: Thursday, April 19 at 1pm ET / 10am PT (webinar is one hour in length)
Skill Level: Introductory. Great for board members, senior leadership and executive directors or CEOs. Content will be presented in an easy-to-understand format and participants will receive an accompanying checklist with additional resources.
Cost: Free – Space is limited so register early to avoid disappointment
What you’ll learn
This session will cover the top CRA concerns for Canadian registered charities including:
- T3010 registered charity information return
- Official donation receipts
- Staying within a charity’s legal objects
- Fundraising regulation and CRA’s Guidance on Fundraising
- Avoiding abusive charity tax schemes
- How to handle a CRA charity audit
- Important employment issues for Canadian charities
- Working with groups that are not registered charities
- Top Liability Concerns for Charities & Directors of Charities
- Recent developments involving the CRA including their move to electronic forms for charity applications and filing the T3010
Participants will also receive a checklist of the top 20 compliance concerns with links to resources that provide further information.