To submit your training opportunities, click HERE.
Introduction to Coaching
November 21 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Techniques & Tools For Effective Leaders
This full-day workshop includes facilitated discussions, individual and group activities and experiential learning through coaching practice. In this highly-experiential session, participants will have the opportunity to practice coaching skills and experience being coached, actively tackling issues they are currently facing in the work place.
This course follows a two-step process: First, clarifying what coaching is and is not, introducing the Excelerator Coaching™ model. Second, going further into coaching techniques and tools, and consolidating learning through practicing coaching skills and being coached.
Date & Time: November 21, 2017 | 8:30am – 4:30pm
Location: 1183 Melville Street, Downtown Vancouver
Facilitator: Martha Sales, Founder & Certified Executive Coach at Acheive your Mark
Following this workshop, participants will have an understanding of coaching and will be comfortable coaching others. Participants will be able to:
- Understand what coaching is and how it can support performance within organizations
- Be comfortable using the Excelerator Coaching™ model to work with others within their organizations
- Understand and apply a range of coaching and influencing approaches
- Improve their communication and influencing skills through developing active listening and effective questioning skills
- Understand interference and limits on performance
- Contract clearly and ethically, and be aware of coaching boundaries
- Be comfortable giving and receiving feedback, and learning from others
Participants in the One Day Intro to Coaching workshop are introduced to the four principles of the Excelerator Coaching™ Model – Engage, Enlighten, Empower, Excel.
- ENGAGE: Focuses on creating an environment of safety and confidentiality for meaningful conversations.
- ENLIGHTEN: Focuses on identifying root causes and underlying issues rather than symptoms in order to target specific action.
- EMPOWER: Focuses on generating self-awareness of internal and external barriers which typically interfere with effective planning and implementation of change.
- EXCEL: Focuses on commitment to action, with realistic timeframes.
- November 21
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Event Category:
- Vantage Point Offices, 1183 Melville St. VancouverVantage Point Offices, 1183 Melville St. Vancouver
- Vantage Point Offices, 1183 Melville St. Vancouver + Google Map