To submit your training opportunities, click HERE.
- This event has passed.
BOARD FUNDAMENTALS:ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
June 28 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Engage your board and align their work with organizational values and vision
A highly effective and engaged board has clarity around roles, responsibilities and aligns their work and performance with organizational values and vision.
This workshop focuses on board members’ key responsibilities and moves boards out of operations and into the “big picture”.
Date & Time: June 28, 2018 | 9:00am – 12:00pm
Location: 1183 Melville Street, Downtown Vancouver
Cost: Member – $95.00; Non-member – $110.00
You will walk away with:
- Increased confidence to carry out your role as board member
- Increased clarity on the roles of board members vs. the roles of staff and operational volunteers
- A more engaged board and stronger alignment to the organizational mission and vision
- Tools to increase the effectiveness of your board meetings
By the end of this workshop you will be able to:
- Define the roles and responsibilities of board members
- Differentiate between operational and governance decisions
- Apply practices that build effective boards in the areas of board structure, role clarity, board meetings, and board recruitment, training and development
- Eight key board responsibilities
- The role of oversight
- Governance vs operations perspective
- Board development, recruitment and training
- Meeting management
- Committee structure and board tools